Here we start Viewing audit and audit summary and audit history.
Viewing the audit data
In this section, we’ll learn the two methods available for viewing the audit data:
• Audit Summary View
• Audit History View for records
Audit Summary View
Audit Summary View provides a filterable list of the system-wide audited operations so that you can quickly find the changes that you need to review.
To display the Audit Summary View, follow these steps:
1. In the navigation pane, click on Settings.
2. Then in the System group, click on Auditing.
3. Click on Audit Summary View.
4. Optionally, filter on:
°° The Changed Date column to see the operations performed on a particular date or period.
°° The Event column to see all the instances that a particular action was performed.
°° The Changed By column to see all the operations performed by a particular user.
°° The Entity column to see all the operations performed on a particular record type.
°° The Operation column to see the Create, Update, or Delete operations. Select the Access option to see when a user logged in to Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
Audit History View for records
Audit History View for a record provides a filterable list of audited operations to the record so that you can see which field values have been changed over time.
To display the Audit History View for a record, follow these steps:
1. Navigate to and open the record you want to review.
2. In the record’s navigation area, under the Common group, select Audit History.
3. Optionally, filter on a particular field to review only the audited operations on that field.
This lesson is a part of Auditing in CRM 2011 chapter from MB2-866 Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Customization and Configuration Prep course. More lessons in this chapter are
The Practice tests included in this course are: