About Project Stakeholder Management
Project Stakeholder Management area encompasses all the processes which is used by a project manager for recognizing and satisfying the ones who are affected by the project. The affected party can either be internal or external, in nature. You can pay close attention to those stakeholders who can have a powerful positive or negative impact on the project. Project Stakeholder Management includes the processes required to identify the people or organizations that could impact or be impacted by the project, to analyze stakeholder expectations, and to develop appropriate stakeholder management strategies.There are four processes in stakeholder management.
Following are the important points to keep in mind.
- Stakeholder Engagement is all about identifying stakeholders, analyzing their expectations and influences and developing appropriate strategies.
- Project manager is expected to posses abilities such as effective facilitation, change management to identify and influence the needs of stakeholders and appropriately manage them.
- Stakeholders can include customers, sponsors, government, society, project manager, team members, among others.
- Stakeholders have the power to influence the project positively or negatively.
- Level of influence, their level of interest are some of the critical factors to be determined for stakeholders
- Inputs for Identify Stakeholder process include: Project Charter, Procurement Documents, Enterprise Environmental Factors and Organizational Process Assets
- Both qualitative and quantitative analysis is used in the process of Stakeholder Analysis
- Brainstorming is also a technique used to identify other stakeholders
- Stakeholder Register is one of the critical outputs that include Stakeholder Information, Stakeholder Requirements and Stakeholder Classification
- Managing stakeholders, their expectations, their level of influences is done in Plan Stakeholder Management
- Inputs to Plan Stakeholder Management Process include Project management plan,, Stakeholder Register, Enterprise Environmental Factors and Organizational Process Assets
- Expert Judgment, Meetings and Discussions are common techniques to Plan Process Management
- Monitoring of stakeholder requirements, expectations and influences are a part of Control Stakeholder Engagement
10 Knowledge areas specified by PMI:
This knowledge Area Project Stakeholder Management is covered in PMP Certification Prep course which contains following practice tests:
This course includes practice tests and articles, but it does not cover every exam question. Only the PMI exam team has access to the exam questions for PMP exam, and PMI regularly adds new questions to the exam, making it impossible to cover specific questions. You should consider this course a supplement to your relevant real-world experience