The ITIL Expert level of qualification is aimed at those individuals who are interested in demonstrating a superior level of knowledge of the ITIL Scheme in its entirety. Achieving this level of ITIL qualification will benefit a candidate in both their personal and professional development, by aiding career advancement and progression within the IT Service Management field. Candidates who achieve ITIL Expert level will also satisfy the prerequisite entry criteria for the ITIL Master Level; the highest level qualification within the ITIL scheme.
Achieving ITIL Expert Level:
The ITIL qualifications scheme offers a modular approach to the ITIL framework. In this scheme, candidates are free to select from a variety of qualifications which focus on targeted areas of the ITIL Service Lifecycle to varying degrees of depth and specialism. For those candidates who decide to aim for ITIL Expert, the possible module combinations are many; however, there are some key requirements all candidates must meet, which are:
- All candidates must hold the ITIL Foundation certificate.
- A total of 17 credits minimum must be achieved from Foundation and Intermediate modules before the Managing Across the Lifecycle module can be taken.
- Some credits from earlier qualifications and complementary qualifications can also count towards the 17 credits.
- The Managing Across the Lifecycle module must be taken and passed once 17 credits have been earned to achieve a total of 22 credits minimum required for ITIL expert.
- Candidates should achieve a balanced knowledge base across the full ITIL service lifecycle.
Once you have successfully completed all requisite ITIL modules and have earned sufficient credits, you will be awarded the ITIL Expert certificate.
Using Earlier ITIL Certifications:
Candidates who hold the Service Manager or Practitioner qualifications can use these certificates towards ITIL Expert level.