1. In Computer Management click Storage, click on Disk Management.
2. In the middle pane as shown in figure 13.13, right click on the empty unallocated partition or volume and click on New Simple Volume.
3. Click on the Next button.
4. Next create a Simple Volume. Identify how many MB (1 GB = 1024 MB) you want to use from the unallocated partition to create the new partition, and then click on the Next button.
5. Select an available drive letter that you want the drive to be assigned to.
6. Choose whether to format the drive with FAT or NTFS, enter the volume label name, and check the “Perform a quick format” box,and click on the Next button .
7. As shown in figure 13.15, all the information you entered is summed up and will create the simple volume when you press Finish.