Cisco Certified Network Professional Security (CCNP Security) certification program is aligned specifically to the job role of the Cisco Network Security Engineer responsible for Security in Routers, Switches, Networking devices and appliances, as well as choosing, deploying, supporting and troubleshooting Firewalls, VPNS, and IDS/IPS solutions for their networking environments.
- Valid CCNA Security certification
- Valid CCSP certification
- Valid CCNA certification plus SND exam pass
Cisco professional level certifications are valid for three years.
To recertify, pass ONE of the following before the certification expiration date:
- Pass any current 642-XXX Professional-level or any 300-XXX Professional-level exam, or
- Pass any current CCIE Written Exam, or
- Pass the current CCDE Written Exam OR current CCDE Practical Exam, or
- Pass the Cisco Certified Architect (CCAr) interview AND the CCAr board review to extend lower certifications.
Achieving or recertifying any of the certifications above automatically extends your active Associate and Professional level certification(s) up to the point of expiration of the last certification achieved.
CCNP Security Certification Tracks:
- Securing Networks with Cisco Routers and Switches (SECURE – Exam 642-637)
- Deploying Cisco ASA Firewall Features (FIREWALL – Exam 642-618)
- Deploying Cisco ASA VPN Solutions (VPN – Exam 642-647)
- Implementing Cisco Intrusion Prevention System (IPS – Exam 642-627)
Note: Last day to test April 21, 2014.