Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) will give you the skills and ability to plan, implement, verify and troubleshoot local and wide-area enterprise networks. Those who complete the CCNP certification will have the skills required to work in enterprise roles such as network technician, support engineer, systems engineer or network engineer.
- Students will learn to plan, configure and verify the implementation of secure enterprise LAN and WAN routing solutions using a range of routing protocols.
- Students will learn to plan, configure and verify the implementation of complex enterprise switching solutions using Cisco’s Campus Enterprise Architecture.
- Students will learn to :
(a) plan and perform regular maintenance on complex enterprise routed and switched networks.
(b) use technology-based practices and a systematic ITIL-compliant approach to perform network troubleshooting.
Valid Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching certification or any Cisco CCIE certification can act as a prerequisite.
Cisco professional level certifications (CCDP, CCNP, CCSP, CCIP, CCVP, CCNP SP Operations, CCNP Wireless) are valid for three years.
To recertify, pass ONE of the following before the certification expiration date:
- Pass any current 642-XXX Professional-level or any 300-XXX Professional-level exam, or
- Pass any current CCIE Written Exam, or
- Pass the current CCDE Written Exam OR current CCDE Practical Exam, or
- Pass the Cisco Certified Architect (CCAr) interview AND the CCAr board review to extend lower certifications.
Achieving or recertifying any of the certifications above automatically extends your active Associate and Professional level certification(s) up to the point of expiration of the last certification achieved.