Steps include in Changing Date and Time
Changing date and time is one of the simplest but most essential tasks which ensures that the server has the correct date and time. This is essential for logging purposes and for security. If a secure packet is sent with the wrong date or time, the packet may be automatically denied because the date and time is used to determine if the packet is legitimate.
Accessing Date and Time Settings
To access the date and time settings, do one of the following:
- Click Clock, Language, and Region in the Control Panel while in Category view and click Set the time and date.
- Double-click Date and Time while in Icon view.
- If the date and time show in the Notification area, double-click the date and time.
Setting the Clock
To set the clock, do the following:
- Click the Date and Time tab, and then click Change date and time.
- To change the hour, minutes, and seconds, double-click the hour, minutes, or seconds, and then click the arrows to increase or decrease the value.
- When you are finished changing the time settings, click OK. See Figure Below.
Changing the Timezone
To change the time zone
- Click Change time zone and
- Click your current time zone in the dropdown list.
- Then click OK.
If you are part of a domain, the server should be synchronized with the domain controllers. If you have a stand-alone server, you can synchronize with an Internet time server by clicking the Internet Time tab and selecting the check box next to Synchronize with an Internet time server. Then select a time server and click OK.